The ingredients to look youthful may be as close as your kitchen. Homemade egg white masks are cheap, fun and work brilliantly well.
Try out my 6 favorites and let me know how you get on:
Mask 1: Easy egg white face mask (for a radiant complexion)
Mask 2: Lemon and egg white face mask (for oily skin)
Mask 3: Avocado and egg white face mask (for dry skin)
Mask 4: Egg white and honey face mask (for irritated skin)
Mask 5: Yogurt and egg white face mask (for combination skin)
Mask 6: Oatmeal and egg white exfoliating face mask
Look youthful everyday
As I get older I have been searching for something that could help slow the ageing process down a little. However, our skin is under attack 24/7 by many factors – ranging from involuntary exposure to harmful radiation (such as the sun) to diet.
Even the products we buy to improve our skin can cause problems. So even the most pampered skin can start showing signs of aging and fatigue.
So what can be done?
Well, after loads of research and skin trials at home I think I have found an answer…
Egg white. Yep, the humble egg has the answer to youthful looks!
Egg white face masks make you look younger
Studies have shown that egg proteins significantly contribute in maintaining the elasticity of skin. An egg contains about 69 different proteins, which have the magical power of reducing fine lines and give temporary relief for the deep ones.
Egg whites are high in collagen and vitamin A (which is essential in the development of products that are able to treat scars or burns).
This means a treatment which includes egg whites will help you get rid of problems like:
- large pores
- other rashes.
Just remember to mix your egg white really well each time you use it (by mixing it you will obtain a foamy egg white look).
So now you know the miracle ingredient, the next question is how to use them in a mask that will benefit you.
If you are the type of person that can’t be bothered ALWAYS making your own home made masks then you might be interested in these egg white based products that are packed with brilliant ingredients.
Check carefully if they are suitable for your skin type. If you pick something suitable you will be delighted with the results:
- Skin Food Egg White Mask
- Egg White Bubble Cleanser
- Skin Food Egg White Pore Foam
- Victoria Sweden Egg Pack For Peeling Deadskin & Remove Blackheads & Shrink Pores
This once a day miracle egg white mask will make your skin glow and always gives great results.
It is easy to prepare and it will nourish your skin thoroughly giving you a radiant complexion. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and after leaving it on your skin for 15-20 minutes you can enjoy the results.
I also provide variations of this mask so that it is suitable for normal, dry, oily and sensitive skin.
It really is one of the most versatile masks I know of.
- 1 x Egg White
- Separate the whites from the yolk and beat it well with a fork or by using a blender (it will end up looking like foam).
- Apply it on your freshly cleansed skin and leave it to work for 15 minutes.
- When you feel your skin tightening up, gently remove the egg white, with a cloth soaked in warm water.
- The result will pleasantly surprise you as your skin will radiate with freshness!
Variations of this mask for different skin types
- Normal skin
Add the juice from a grated carrot OR just the grated carrot plus a splash of milk
- Dry skin
Add 1/2 mashed avocado
- Oily skin
Add 1 TSP lemon juice and 1 TSP honey
- Sensitive skin
- Add plain organic yogurt
This is my ‘go to’ face mask if I feel my skin becoming a little too oily, or if I am suffering from an outbreak. I swear by it.
It only has 2 ingredients so it is super-easy to make and apply.
This mask will firm your skin and reduce your pores giving your complexion an airbrushed look.
The egg white has a mild exfoliating effect that removes the accumulated dirt from your pores.
- 1 egg white
- juice from ½ a lemon
- Beat the egg white first until it turns a bit frothy.
- Add the lemon juice to your egg white.
- Apply the face mask on your face, avoiding the eyes and mouth area, where the skin is dryer and more sensitive.
- Leave your face mask on your skin for about 30 minutes.
- Gently rinse it off with warm water apply a proper moisturizer for oily skin.
The egg white helps reduce excess sebum in your skin by shrinking the size of your pores. It will also give your skin a firmer and more even look by greatly reducing larger pores.
Lemon brightens and exfoliates. It’s great for:
- acne prone skin
- mature or aging skin
- sun spots
- uneven skin tone
Lemon is also a natural source of vitamin C and rich in alpha hydroxy acids.
The combination of egg whites and lemon helps create the perfect face mask for acne or oily skin.
The secret behind this mask is mixing the egg white with avocado.
In case you didn’t know, avocado oil is highly moisturizing, helps smooth out fine lines, and cleanses your skin. As if that wasn’t enough it also soothes sunburn.
When avocado is mixed with egg white it provides an unbeatable combination to tighten and moisturize your skin.
This mask will rejuvenate your skin and give it lovely glow without any oiliness.
- 1 egg white
- ¼ avocado
- 1 TSP milk
- 1 TSP honey
- First prepare the egg white by beating it until it turns a little frothy.
- Next you will mash the avocado before adding it to your egg white followed by the milk and honey.
- Apply the face mask on your face and leave it for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it out with warm water.
Egg white will nourish your dry skin while avocado will hydrate it.
Avocado can leave your skin looking rejuvenated with a lovely glow within minutes.
Avocados contain numerous important nutrients including vitamins A, B, C, E, and K along with minerals such as potassium, copper, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus.
Many products on the market – such as moisturizers, facials, conditioners – contain avocado oil as it provides a great source of several important nutrients which help moisturize your skin.
Avocados are really good for:
- cleansing your skin
- reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- moisturizing – so its great for dry skin
- helps sooth sunburns
This dry skin face mask will provide great results quickly and effectively.
This is a great mask if your skin is a little irritated or blotchy. It works by combining the egg white with honey and yoghurt.
Honey has amazing antibacterial properties that help sooth irritation and encourage the growth of new skin tissue.
Yoghurt shares these antibacterial properties and also gently smooths the skin reducing fine lines.
- 1 egg white
- 1 TSP honey
- 1 TSP fresh plain organic yogurt
- 1 TSP cucumber juice
- In order to get the cucumber juice you have to grate it and then squeeze the juice out of it (grate enough cucumber to obtain the amount of juice you need).
- Beat the egg white until it turns a little frothy.
- Slightly heat the honey and add it to your egg white along with the yogurt (make sure it’s fresh).
- After you have thoroughly mixed everything well, add the cucumber juice.
- Apply the mask on your cleansed face and leave it for 15 minutes until you feel it dry.
- Gently rinse it off with warm water.
- Apply a proper moisturizer to suit your skin type after each face mask.
Yogurt is so wonderful when applied to the skin. It contains lactic acid that will smooth and gently exfoliate your skin while also reducing fine lines and wrinkles by tightening your pores. There are also natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that can fight acne.
If used with regularity, yogurt has gentle bleaching powers that can reduce discoloration, age spots and blotches.
Cucumbers are also brilliant. They are extremely good for you either you eat them or introduce them in your beauty treatment routine.
So use cucumbers with confidence as they can help:
- Sooth sunburn
- Refresh your skin tissue
- Hydrate your eye area
- Help to prevent breakouts and acne
- Cleanse your skin
- Lighten dark circles
This is a really simple mask that I enjoy regularly. It only has 2 ingredients so it only takes minutes to make but the effects are incredible.
It’s honestly like getting a face lift!
Egg whites tighten the skin and shrink your pores while the yogurt nourishes your complexion. It’s like getting a Botox treatment!
- 3 TBSP plain organic yogurt
- 1 egg white
- Beat the egg white until it turns frothy
- Add the yogurt to the egg white
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
You can apply this face mask once every 2 weeks.
This mask can also be effective for mature skin.
This excellent egg white face mask recipe contains yogurt which is packed with vitamins and proteins and is great for skin care.
Researches show that yogurt cleanses and moisturizes skin.
Yogurt can be used on any type of skin but especially on mature skin because of its high lactic acid content. Other benefits that Yogurt provides for your complexion includes:
- Fights acne
- Prevents premature aging
- Diminishes blemishes and skin pigmentation
- Treats sunburn
- Hydrates skin
Exfoliation and skin tightening in a single mask.
The mixture of oatmeal and egg white works on every skin type making this a very versatile mask.
But don’t think that this makes it a master of none – this mask is as effective on dry skin as it is on oily.
Best of all this easy to make mask works wonders on fine lines.
Hydrate and calm dry or sensitive skin while gently exfoliating it too with this face mask.
- 1 egg white
- 1 TSP oatmeal
- 1 TSP honey
- Beat the egg white until it turns a little foamy.
- Add the honey and the oatmeal, mixing it through really well.
- Apply the mixture with care all over your face, neck and cleavage.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes before rinsing it out with a cloth soaked in warm water.
- Afterwards apply a suitable moisturizer that works for your complexion.
This face mask is also good for mature skin as all these 3 ingredients put together, are good for reducing the appearance of fine lines.
So if you were looking for a mask that offers mild exfoliation, search no more.
Did you enjoy this article?
If you found this article useful please take a moment to tweet, like, or share this article by using the buttons at the bottom of the page. I’d really appreciate it.
Also, if you are feeling extra generous please leave some encouraging feedback in the comments section at the bottom of the page. I love getting feedback from visitors. It will encourage me to write more natural treatments that are cheap and effective!
Thanks for taking the time to read my website and I hope to see you here again soon!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: